What are the symptoms of stroke?
If you are in a group at risk, or if you care for someone who is, being aware of stroke symptoms is crucial. Remember the FAST test 17
- acial weakness – Can you smile? Has your mouth or eye drooped?
- rm weakness – Can you raise both arms?
- peech problems – Can you speak clearly and can you understand what others are saying?
- ime to call emergency services.
The FAST test identifies 9 out of 10 strokes. Other stroke symptoms include:
- Numbness or weakness, leading to a complete paralysis
- Sudden loss of vision
- Difficulty understanding what others are saying
- Problems with balance and coordination
- Difficulty swallowing
- Sudden and severe headache, unlike any experienced before, especially if associated with neck stiffness
- Blacking out.